Projects per year
The research at Information Technology is organized around on three themes: development of mission-critical software, the industrial internet and algorithms and software in bio engineering:
- Mission-critical software focuses on the design and development of high quality, reliable software systems. This includes formal methods in system design, software testing, explainable AI for the development of autonomous systems, high performance software and low-power and energy efficient software systems.
- Industrial internet focuses on the interconnections of sensors and actuators with computer systems in industrial and manufacturing applications. We study the creation of digital twins for performance and reliability evaluation in challenging industrial systems.
- Algorithms and software in bio engineering focuses on research on computational systems ,biology natural computing, network analysis theory of computing and computational modelling.
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- Faculty of Science and Engineering, Information Technology - Project researcher
- Faculty of Science and Engineering, Information Technology - Senior University Lecturer
5G-Advanced for Digitalization of Maritime Operations
01/03/23 → 28/02/24
Project: Industry/Business Finland
Wasa zero emission data centre
Björkqvist, J., Lundell, A. & Backlund, S.
01/01/23 → 31/12/25
Project: Academy of Finland/Other Research Councils
CASEMATE: Computationally aided systems engineering for marine advanced technology for the environment
01/10/22 → 30/09/25
Project: Industry/Business Finland
Identifying gender bias in blockbuster movies through the lens of machine learningHaris, M. J., Upreti, A., Kurtaran, M., Ginter, F., Lafond, S. & Azimi, S., 10 Mar 2023, In: Humanities & Social Sciences Communications. 10, 94
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › Scientific › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile3 Downloads (Pure)
Predicting efficacy of drug-carrier nanoparticle designs for cancer treatment: a machine learning-based solutionKibria, M. R., Akbar, R. I., Nidadavolu, P., Havryliuk, O., Lafond, S. & Azimi, S., 2023, In: Scientific Reports. 13, 1, 547 .
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › Scientific › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile6 Downloads (Pure)
Preliminary Results in Using Attention for Increasing Attack Identification EfficiencyAhmad, T., Truscan, D. & Vain, J., 16 Apr 2023, 2023 IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation. p. 159-164 6 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution › Scientific › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile5 Downloads (Pure)
Performance Exploration Dataset
Ahmad, T. (Creator) & Truscan, D. (Creator), Zenodo, 2020
SimuShips - A High Resolution Simulation Dataset for Ship Detection with Precise Annotations
Raza, M. (Creator), Prokopova, H. (Creator), Huseynzade, S. (Creator), Azimi Rashti, S. (Creator) & Lafond, S. (Creator), Zenodo, 24 Aug 2022
DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.7003924, https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7003923
Iancu, B. (Creator), Soloviev, V. (Creator), Zelioli, L. (Creator) & Lilius, J. (Creator), Zenodo, 2021
Azimi Rashti, Sepinoud (Recipient), 9 Sept 2021
COIN-OR Cup 2018
Lundell, Andreas (Recipient) & Kronqvist, Jan (Recipient), Nov 2018
Gadd award for Research Excellence at Åbo Akademi
Lilius, Johan (Recipient), Oct 2015
TIN-seminarium 20.4.2023: Pågående och kommande forskningsprojekt vid FNT Vasa
Jessica Tuuf (Organiser), Margareta Björklund-Sänkiaho (Organiser) & Andreas Lundell (Organiser)20 Apr 2023
Activity: Participating in or organising an event › Organization of a workshop, panel, session or tutorial
Faculty of Education and Welfare Studies (Organisational unit)
Mia Porko-Hudd (Member of examination board ), Mårten Björkgren (Member of examination board ), Andreas Lundell (Member of examination board ) & Anders Westerlund (Member of examination board )9 Mar 2023
Activity: Evaluation, assessment or examination › Statement of assessment of docentship
University of the Balearic Islands
Sebastien Lafond (Visiting lecturer) & Sepinoud Azimi Rashti (Visiting lecturer)5 Feb 2023 → 11 Feb 2023
Activity: Visiting an external institution › Visiting an external academic institution
31/08/20 → 25/10/20
26/10/20 → 31/12/20
Intervju om nytt utbildningspaket med fokus på batteriindustrin på svenska.yle.fi
1 Media contribution